- This event has passed.
Bill Bone Florida State Time Trial (Team) Championships
April 3, 2022 @ 7:30 am$39
TEAM DIVISIONS (24.5K)
Please note that you must have a USA Cycling license to participate. One day licenses are available on race day but are are not eligible for medals or the Florida State Jersey. We are excited to provide this new course which is 100% closed to traffic. (NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION – CLOSES ON FRIDAY, APRIL 1, 2022 AT 12PM – START TIMES WILL BE POSTED LATE FRIDAY HERE: START TIMES
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR ALL CATEGORY TIME TRIAL EVENTS
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR ALL AGE GROUP, EDDIE MERCKX AND PARA-CYCLING EVENTS
EVENT LOCATION – Western Palm Beach County FL-700, Loxahatchee, FL 33470– CLICK HERE FOR GOOGLE MAPS
PARKING & WARM-UP – Parking is available off the side of the roadway of County Road 700 (CR700). CR700 is the roadway on the South side of US441. The event takes place on State Road 700 which is North of US441. There is room for RV parking on CR700. It is also highly suggest you use CR700 to warmup or use an stationary trainer. It is not recommended to ride on US441
SANCTIONED RACE – This race is permitted by USA Cycling
*ENTRY FEE – $39 per person by March 3, 2022 and $49 per person by Friday, April 1, 2022. THERE IS NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION / DEADLINE – Friday, April 1, 2022 at 12pm.
RACE NUMBER PICKUP – The morning of the event beginning at 6am
CHIP TIMING – This race uses a high speed chip designed for cycling. You can rent a chip for $5 for the day and you MUST leave your drivers license or credit card as collateral. You can also purchase a chip for $80 at the race or online.
CLOSED COURSE – Course is 100% secured
AWARDS – Florida State Champion Jerseys will be handed out to ALL TEAM winners. Medals will be awarded to the top 3 in each age group and category. You must have proof of Florida residency to be eligible for a Florida State Jersey.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES – Are available on-site through the duration of the event.
PHONE – (561) 374-2994
EMAIL – firstname.lastname@example.org
TEAM EVENTS WILL START IN THE ORDER LISTED BELOW UPON THE CONCLUSION OF CATEGORY RACING. All Team Categories are 24.5K
|Team Categories Time Trial||Kilometers|
|Coed Road Bike (2-Person) – Merckx style||24.5|
|Coed Time Trial Bike (2-Person)||24.5|
|Men Road Bike (2-Person) – Merckx style||24.5|
|Men Time Trial Bike (2-Person)||24.5|
*You are allowed to use a road bike for any team time trial bike event, but you can not use a time trial bike for any road bike (Merckx) event.
2022 Florida State Time Trial Rules
- This event DOES NOT follow the UCI Rules as it relates to the configuration of time trial bikes and equipment. You may use your standard road or time trial bike.
- Riders may choose to enter single-day individual time trials in their proper category or any higher category, but not a lower category.
- Riders aged 14 and younger are required to use mass start bikes and junior gears (See below)
- All riders are required to use Race Result timing chips. Chips are available to rent for $5 and must be affixed to the front fork of your bike.
- The course is out-and-back located on State Road 700 which is closed to vehicular traffic.
- Timing track boxes will be located on the course to check for splits at 5k, 10K and the 25K turnaround.
- Starting order (Start Sheet) will be posted on ESPtiming.com on the Friday before the Sunday event
- There is NO race day registration, registration closes the Thursday before the Sunday event.
- Starting times shall be at equal intervals (Either 1 minutes or 30 seconds). Teams will start 2 minutes apart.
- Each rider shall report to the starter at least three minutes before their scheduled starting time and shall start at the scheduled time.
- If a rider appears later than the appointed starting time, the start will be allowed only if it does not interfere with the riders starting on schedule. If it does interfere, the rider may be further delayed. In case of a late start, the appointed time shall be used in computing the results.
- A rider who leaves the line early shall have that time added to his overall time as a penalty unless an electronic starting mechanism is triggered on the rider’s start.
- The rider shall be held at the start, but shall neither be restrained nor pushed.
- No restarts are permitted for any reason.
- On an out-and-back course, riders shall stay to the right of the centerline or enforcement line at all times.
- No rider shall take pace behind another rider closer than 25 meters (80 feet) ahead or 2 meters (7 feet) to the side.
- No two riders may ride abreast other than when attempting to pass and such attempts shall not be maintained beyond a distance of 500 meters. If the pass is not made cleanly within 500 meters, the caught rider must drop back to a distance 25 meters behind the rider who caught him.
- Support Vehicles are not permitted
- Warming-up on the course is strictly prohibited. Please use County Road 700.
RULES FOR MERCKX TEAMS – Merckx division is designated for road bikes. Must use a USAC mass start legal road bike, no aerobars, no fixed gears, no disc wheels. Standard road bike, 80mm wheel maximum, NO Time Trial specific helmets. Aero ROAD helmets are allowed, modern aero ROAD bars are allowed (no aero extensions of any kind are allowed). Skinsuits are allowed. Booties/Overshoes are allowed.