- This event has passed.
Bill Bone Gravel Palm Beach
May 1 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm$49
Bill Bone Gravel Palm Beach
Presented by CONTE’S BIKE SHOP
“Join us for a ride at Palm Beaches hidden treasure”
DATE – SUNDAY, MAY 1, 2022 @ 8AM (20 Mile Gravel Adventure Starts at 8:30am)
COST OF EVENT – $49 – Please register early so we can produced an accuarte shirt order.
WEEK BEFORE RATE: If you wait until the week before the event, the fee will increase by $10 until midnight April 30, 2022 and a shirt is not guaranteed Race Day will be $15 higher and a shirt is not guranteed.
AWARDS, MEDALS, SUPPORT – Custom age group award medals, professional chip timing, neutral support are provided.
RACE NUMBER PICK-UP / REGISTRATION
Saturday, April 30, 2022 from 3pm to 6pm at Conte’s Bike Shop (393 North Congress Ave, Boynton Beach, Fl 33462)
Sunday, May 1, 2022 from 6am to event start the Palmetto Trail Head. See directions below.
PARKING – Palmetto Trail Parking Lot
43 Miles Gravel Categories
Men/Women Masters 40+, 50+
26 Mile Gravel Categories
Men/Women – Open
Men/Women Masters 40+, 50+, 60+
20 Mile Gravel Adventure (Starts at 8:30am)
Men & Women – First Timers/Beginners
EVENT NUMBER/CHIP POSITION – Warning – There is a timing chip on the back of your event number – Please do not tie wrap the number to your seat post or any other tube. You must place it on the front of your bike (yes, we know it causes wind drag) so we can see your number and more importantly the chip reads correctly. And remember, if you wrap it, and it does not get a chip read, its your fault.
CONTE’S BIKE SHOP – Water Tent / Nutrition – Make sure you say hello to the CONTE’S crew at the tent. There will be one centralized tent in the middel of the preserve. NOTE – We will not have water bottles at the tent. You will need to take the top off your bottle and fill up.
AWARDS – The top 3 in each category – NOTE: The awards ceremony for all events will be around 11am.
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC COURSE – Please remember that the course is open to the public and that there will be other recreational riders on the gravel roads. Beware that many animals live in the preserve (alligators, deer, river otters, etc.). It is your responsibility to ride safely. Please stay to the right side of the gravel rode (just like driving).
NUMBER PLACEMENT – All riders shall place their timing chip/number on the front of the bike (please do not roll-up the race bib because there are timing chips embedded on the back.
SMILE – VeloPista Photo will be out on course taking your pics. These photos are normally available the next day the link provided.
BIKE PREPAREDNESS – It is your responsibility to be prepared for your gravel adventure. Please prepare for flat tires, hot weather, etc. See things to remember below.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
• Pick the right bike for the ride. (Gravel/Dirt specifics, mountain bike or fat tire bicycle).
• Road ID
• Health Insurance Card, ID, Credit Card, Cash and Phone on a waterproof protected case.
• Extra Tubes and air.
• Basic tools
• Gels, bar, snack
• Hydration (at least one 22oz bottle per hour) or (hydration backpack). NOTE: Any small backpack can help you carry extra hydration and basic tools/safety items.
• Small/Basic First-Aid Pack
PLAY IT SAFE
• Always wear a helmet. Aero bars to NOT allowed for this event – THanks
• Check weather forecast. (Events usually post cancellations due to bad weather one hour before event starts).
• Road ID App. Great features like “Lock Screen” and “Tracking Notifications” (FREE and it works awesome, visit www.RoadID.com
• Have your bicycle inspected for your own safety and the safety of others riding with you.
• Say “NO to Flats” by checking the condition “wear & tear” of your tires and making sure they are properly inflated. No joke, don’t be that guy, HA!
• Sunblock and Bug repellent
• Look ahead for slippery or loose surface and potential hazards.
• Pick your distance based on your ability.
• Safety first, you should not ride alone!
• ALWAYS USE COMMON SENSE.
• Must be self-sufficient.
• Have a plan and let others know where you are headed and approximate time.
• Please Don’t wear earbuds, this is good group ride etiquette and a courtesy for your safety and the safety of others.
• CALL 911 in case of an emergency